A Healthy Recipe For Your Dinner “Chilli Chicken”
Most people have a misconception that Chinese food is unhealthy. One more misconception is that it might not be a tasty affair if you make chilly chicken at home. Eventually, preparing these foods at home takes a long time and is complex. However, this is not the case. You can make chilly chicken at home in a quick, tasty, and healthy way. Chili Chicken is a juicy and delicious Indo-Chinese classic. It’s spicy, sweet, and savory – everything you could want in a meal.
Halal organic chicken is high in protein, and the addition of capsicum and onions only increases the nutritional value, making it a healthy lunch option. Here’s how to make your healthy chilly chicken by using halal organic meat and fresh vegetables. This twist on an Indo-Chinese classic features juicy chicken thighs marinated in soy and tossed in a punchy savory sauce – perfect for a quick midweek meal.
Method Of Preparation
Here’s how to make your healthy chilly chicken.
- Thigh Fillets of chicken (each cut into 4 pieces ) 400g, each cut into 4
- Soy Sauce 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder ½ tsp
- Cornflour 5 tbsp
- Sunflower Oil ( for shallow frying) As per need
- Sea Salt flakes To Taste
- Sunflower Oil 1 tbsp
- Onion 1, chopped
- Green Peppers 2, chopped
- Red Chillies 2, thinly sliced
- Green Chillies 2, thinly sliced
- Garlic 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Soy Sauce 3 tbsp
- honey 1½ tbsp
- Vinegar 1½ tbsp
- cornflour 3 tsp
For Serving (Optional)
steamed rice or pasta
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to an hour if you have the time. Drain any remaining liquid into a small bowl, then toss in the cornflour and thoroughly mix.
- For making the sauce, in a wok or frying pan over high heat, heat the oil and pan-fry the onion and peppers for 5 minutes, or until charred around the edges and softening.
- Cook for another minute after adding the chilies and garlic. Set aside the pan and turn off the heat. Now stir in the soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar, as well as any marinated chicken liquid. Pour the cornflour into the pan after combining it with 100ml of cold water. Return to medium heat, stir and reduce for 8-10 minutes, or until saucy. Maintain your body temperature.
- Heat some oil ( check the quantity suitable for shallow frying according to your pan) in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Five minutes per side, fry the chicken in batches or until crisp and golden. Season with sea salt flakes and place on kitchen paper.
- Toss the crispy chicken in the sauce to coat. Serve with a heaping helping of steamed rice or pasta.
Chilli Chicken is high in selenium, which lowers the risk of arthritis progression. Chicken protein is also beneficial in the fight against colds. Adding vegetables to chicken makes it more beneficial for health. So Chilli Chicken is a tasty recipe to try and very healthy.